I have started working on an OMS built in Java that executes via Bloomberg EMSX.
First tests today, but also working in parallel on the front end that will be much more than an OMS:
- Order Management System
- Live Portfolio Monitoring
- Charting capabilities, include trade history
- Basic performance analysis
- Basic risk analytics
Yes, just that.
Now first tries connecting to Bloomberg EMSX – a few tips worth noting:
- tag 50 of the fix messages sent to EMSX must be the User Unique ID (UUID)
- the UUID can be retrieved manually on a Bloomberg terminal (IAM <Go>)
- it can also be found in the Windows registry:
Windows XP: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bloomberg L.P.\User Info\USERUUID
Windows 7: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bloomberg L.P.\User Info\USERUUID
That’s it for now…